Here is why the AdvancedFrame Expedition Elite Inflatable Kayak is ideal as a sea kayak for use in open ocean:
- Stable – In open ocean, the water is moving a lot more than in flat water and it moves your kayak around under you. If you are in a very narrow kayak, it can take a lot of concentration, core strength and energy just to prevent capsizing. For most people, this just isn’t a lot of fun! A stable kayak will allow you to sit back and relax from time to time, and to concentrate on your paddle stroke, rather than on staying upright.
- Dry – The Expedition Elite is an enclosed sit-in kayak, rather than an exposed sit-on-top kayak. The cockpit is narrow with inflatable coaming, so you get quite a bit of protection from splash. If you want even more protection, you can attach the skirt to the coaming to keep the water out and the warmth in. This gives you the freedom to go kayaking even in choppy or very cold water.
- Fast and straight – If you are the ambitious type and want to cover long distances, the Expedition Elite is fast and tracks very straight.
- Cuts through chop – The patented AdvancedFrame bow and stern cut through chop easily.
- Comfortable – Often when you are sea kayaking, you are on the water for long stretches without a break on dry land to stretch your legs. It is therefore SUPER important that you are comfortable. The Expedition Elite has an adjustable foot rest and a high back seat with adjustable lumbar support – magic for your back!
- Gear – There is heaps of deck space, heaps of D-rings and bungee lacing and a huge weight capacity, so if you are thinking of gearing up for a multi-day expedition, load ‘em up!
- Attachments – The D-rings and bungee on the decks allow you to attach various items for safety (eg EPIRB, PLB), navigation (eg smart phone) , or assisted paddling (eg the awesome RapidUp Sail).
And these hand-picked accessories will make your ocean experience even better:
- RapidUp Sail – Take advantage of the sea breeze with the RapidUp sail.
- Touring Spray Skirt – Keep the waves out and the warmth in with this comfortable and effective spray skirt
- Tech Pouch – It’s a good idea to know where you are and be able to get in touch with someone when you are in open ocean. In addition to your EPIRB or PLB, the tech pouch allows you to have your phone handy, but safe from splashes and secured to your kayak.
- Axis 230 Fibreglass Paddle – This paddle is very light and warm to hold, which is ideal for paddling in a potentially cold ocean.
- Double Action Hand Pump with Gauge – this pump offer quick inflation and helps you get the kayak to the right pressure so you get more time on the water and the best performance from your kayak.
All products are covered by Advanced Element’s 12 month manufacturer’s warranty
Pump – Double Action Hand Pump with Gauge ( SKU:AE2011 )
- Dimensions: 48 x 22 x 11 cm
- Weight: 1.09 kg
- Pressure Gauge: Included
- Suitable for: All Advanced Elements inflatable kayaks. NOT suitable for SUPs.
- Double or single action? Double action
- Has a deflate option? Yes
- Max Pressure: 12 PSI
Kayak Paddle – Axis 230 4 Part Fibreglass Paddle ( SKU:AE2030 )
- Blade: Fibreglass (translucent)
- Shaft: Fibreglass
- Weight: 907 grams
- Length: 230 cm
- Packable Length: 70 cm
- Configuration Options: Unfeathered, 60 Degrees LHC, 60 degrees RHC
- Suitable For: Long distance touring
Bag – Tech Pouch (Phone Pouch) ( SKU:AE3006 )
- Roll top water resistant case to keep your smart phone safe from water damage
- Flexible case so you can reach buttons on the side or the top of the phone
- Multiple clips so you can attach securely to D-rings on your kayak or SUP
- Adjustable support allows you to prop your phone up on an angle so you can easily see the screen whilst paddling
- Large size means the pouch is suitable for a variety of smart phones, GPS devices, maps, etc
- Quality is guaranteed by a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty
Advancedframe Expedition Elite Inflatable Kayak ( SKU:AE1009-XE )
- Inflatable lumbar support seat
- High pressure drop stitch floor
- Adjustable foot brace
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- 30 day satisfaction guarantee
- Heavy duty carrying bag
- Repair kit
- Instruction manual
- Length: 13′ (3.96m)
- Width: 32″ (81cm)
- Weight: 42 lbs (19 kg)
- Maximum Capacity: 450 lbs (204 kg)
- Colour: Yellow/Gray
- Deflated and packed dimensions: 32″ x 20″ x 10″ (83cm x 52cm x 26cm)
Sail – Rapidup Kayak Sail ( SKU:AE2040 )
- Leighweight at less than 1kg, folds into disk shape and comes with carry bag
- Adjustable attachments
- Non-corroding internal “spring” frame and high quality, durable rip-stop sail cloth
- Simple set up, rapid deployment and quick stowing
- Stows flat on the deck of the kayak
- Large central window and two side windows
- Easy to transport
- Suitable for multiple kayak and canoe hardware configurations
- Durable and long-lasting
- Easy to use whilst kayaking
- Does not impact your paddling when not in use
- Clear visibility
- Storage Bag
- Instruction Manual
- 2 Quick Connect Stabilization Lanyards
- 1 Quick Connect Dousing Lanyard
- 1 Carabiner Base Clip
Skirt – Kayak Touring Spray Skirt ( SKU:AE2007 )
- Weight: 750 grams