Dog Friendly Kayaks are specifically designed so that you can go kayaking with your best friend!
You take your dog hiking, you take your dog to the beach, you take your dog to bed with you, so why not take your dog kayaking?
You might be worried that it isn’t safe or that your dog won’t be comfortable, but if you get a suitable kayak, you and your four-legged friends will love being out on the water exploring new sights and scents.
So what is a suitable dog friendly kayak to take your dog paddling?
• Stability is important if you don’t want your dog to be wobbling all over the place trying to balance. It also gives you peace of mind as they are less likely to go overboard.
• Reasonably high sides are a good way to contain your dog, as well as keeping them safe from falling out. Some sit-on-top kayaks have high enough sides, but you are going to get wet… a sit-in kayak with an open cockpit is your best bet.
• Size is important – a large dog takes up quite a bit of space, especially if they are stretched out comfortably. It’s also nice for them to be able to switch sides and change position during the paddle so they don’t get stiff. Unless you have one very small dog, I recommend getting a tandem kayak so you all have enough space for a longer ride. As an added bonus, you can take a human friend as well!
• A durable kayak manufactured with scratch-proof materials is a must if your dog has claws.
• It has to be fast and easy to paddle solo, because I have never seen a dog that helps with the paddling!
At Oz Inflatable Kayaks, we created the Dog Lovers Kayak Package because we love helping people share their kayaking experience with their family and best friends.
Our Dog Friendly Kayaks package incorporates all of the features highlighted above so that you don’t have to worry about trying to figure out the best Kayak and accessories for you and your dog.So if you love your dog, click here to check out the Dog Lovers Kayak Package now