Why are Advanced Elements the market leaders when it comes to inflatable kayak design and manufacturing?
It can be difficult to know what you are getting when you go with an unknown brand, but when you buy an Advanced Elements inflatable kayak, you know you are getting a quality product that will give you years of great paddling.
But what is quality? And is it worth paying for?
- All of the Advanced Elements inflatable kayaks have been designed to be a pleasure to paddle. This sounds obvious, but you would be amazed at how badly some kayaks perform on the water!
- Their performance out of the water is just as important. Advanced Elements inflatable kayaks have been designed to be quick and easy to inflate and to fold up and pack away (yes, you CAN get them back in the bag). With the AdvancedFrame Sport, for example, you can be out on the water in about 4 minutes.
- A common misconception is that durability is just about the materials and the manufacturing process, but that’s just one part of it. The biggest factor affecting an inflatable kayak’s durability is its design. The Advanced Elements inflatable kayaks are designed not to overload the seams with unreasonable pressure. They also have several layers of material between the air chambers and any sharp obstacles. They are designed to take a beating and give you years of fun!
- Safety is critical when you are out on the water. For this reason alone, I wouldn’t consider a no-name brand. The last thing you want when you are out paddling is to be stranded because your inflatable kayak has failed. Advanced Elements inflatable kayaks have been designed to meet the safety standards set by the National Marine Manufacturers Association and the American Boat and Yacht Council.
- And perhaps the most important part of getting a great quality design is the testing and continuous improvement. The team at Advanced Elements love going kayaking on their fleet and every year they come up with amazing new ideas. As they say themselves, “We see inflatable kayak and SUP design as a craft and pride ourselves in our consistent innovation, refinement, and evolution of our well thought-out designs.”
- Advanced Elements use much thicker materials than most inflatable kayak manufacturers. The thickness adds to the weight of the kayak, but it pays off with increased durability and rigidity.
- The RF welding technology they use for their seams is much cleaner than glue. It is also more consistent, which means they have a very low defect rate.
- Quality control to the max! In the factory, each and every kayak is inflated and checked. They are left inflated for 48 hours to ensure there are no leaks, then deflated and packed away.